- 2 cups arborio rice (or any 'soft' rice) *
- 2 chicken thigh pieces (sliced)
- 1.1 litre vegetable stock **
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80g unsalted butter
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Basil leaves (for garnishing)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely crushed)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 700g Swiss brown mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp cumin powder
* For a proper one you can use arborio rice but it's expensive so Chef Zam recommends a cheaper alternative with any kind of soft rice such as Flora brand.
** We used a cube
Philips Pressure Cooker
All the cooking is done using ONE pot - Philips Pressure Cooker. So convenient and less stuff to wash! Amazing..
Step 1: Using a pressure cooker, heat olive oil and 1/3 of butter.
Step 2: Add chopped garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
Step 3: Combine chopped onions and cumin powder. Allow to cook for a minute.
Step 4: Add and brown the chicken
Step 5: Add the mushrooms, then rice and water. 1 cup rice to 2 cups water. Stir well.
Step 6: Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
Step 7: Close pressure cooker lid, bring it to pressure and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
Step 8: Remove from heat and release the pressure.
Step 9: Stir in remaining butter and parmesan cheese.
Step 10: Stir in basil leaves and baby spinach and it’s ready to serve.
Optional: Sprinkle on more cheese!
Confession - Elie & I forgot about our risotto =x Luckily, we were using the Philips pressure cooker so it turned out fine! If not it would have been charcoal black already. The dish smelt and tasted amazing! In Chef Zam's style - sedap gila!
Up next - Ayam Percik recipe!