Malaysian Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger

Lucy (2014) Movie Review

Genre : Action, Thriller
Rating : 5/10


Summary
It is said that humans use only 10% of their brains. So what happens when you use the remaining 90%? Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) is about to find out as she finds herself forced to be a drug mule. Unfortunately, the package breaks and the blue drug leaks into her blood, enabling her to use up to 100% of her brain capacity.


Scarlett Johansson was one of the main reasons I even watched this movie. She's gorgeous! But there were so many scenes showing her boobs and black bra that it was just like they were using her body to get views =/ She played her character as a tough chick well though.


Surprisingly, I can't say the same for Morgan Freeman, whose role as a scientist researching about the human usage of their brain was disappointing. In Lucy, he is a blur and weak scientist which contradicts his God-image in our minds. Also, there were wayyy too many close up shots. So close that instead of listening to what he's saying, I'm counting the numerous moles on his face. 


After her exposure to the drugs, Lucy obtained 'superpowers' including the ability to see things normal people cannot see, control other people and manipulate matter. These sound exciting but there was a lack of action scenes. Too much of boring scientific stuff and a poor mash of other random videos slipped into the movie at countless scenes, resulting in some 'wtf? moments'. Ending is terrible too.


If you're bored and you love Scarlett Johansson, no harm watching this but don't expect too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts from the Past

Stay Connected

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Designed By Blogger Templates