TONG KWAI FLAVOUR ROASTED PORK (衣锦还乡)
550 g Pork belly with skin
1 liter Water
Marinade (B) – To combine
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tbsp Ng Heong Fen (Chinese Five Spices Powder)
1 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp Salt
8 g Tong Kwai Fen (Chinese Angelica Powder)
Marinade (C) – To rub on
1 tbsp Organic apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Salt
- Place the pork belly, skin side up, into a pot of boiling water and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the pork to soak for 6-8 minutes in the pot to allow the shape of the meat to become firm.
- Remove and pat dry with kitchen paper towels.
- Prick the skin with a sharp skewer all over to enable the skin to blister evenly and thoroughly during roasting.
- Score or cut small, uniform gashes in the surface of the meat side and rub combined marinade (B) over the meat and sides.
- Turn meat over and rub organic apple cider vinegar followed by salt onto the skin. Wipe the skin with kitchen paper towels to remove any excess water or liquid.
- Place prepared pork piece in a plastic container. Leave the skin side up without covering the container. Keep in the refrigerator overnight to dry the skin.
- Set the pork belly onto the PHILIPS Airfryer TurboStar basket and grill at a temperature of 180°C. Roast for 40-45 minutes or till the skin is evenly blistered and crackling.
- Remove roast pork from basket. Cut into bite-sized pieces and serve at once.
Philips AirfryerIn conjunction with Chinese New Year, Philips has released a limited edition red Philips Airfryer (HD9623/31) to liven up the kitchen with the festive colour.
It is also available in digital versions (HD9640 at RRP RM1,399 and HD9643 at RRP RM1,499)
The Philips Airfryer with TurboStar technology is available at any Philips authorised retailer nationwide, at the Philips Brand Store in Publika Shopping Gallery Kuala Lumpur and Sutera Mall Johor Bahru and the Philips Experience Store in Bayan Lepas, Penang. It is also available online at the Philips Official store on www.blip.my or Lazada on http://www.lazada.com.my/philips-official-store/.